Monday, September 2, 2024
















It's been nearly a year to the day since I last put words down in here. Between my last visit and today I published two poetry books. Still surreal to say those words and even more so to hold a book, let alone two, with my name on the cover. Neither book is what anyone would call bestsellers or commercial successes, but those things have never really mattered to me. 

When I was younger, I would dream of having my name on a book I wrote. From dream to reality, I consider that a success. Anything coming after is delicious icing on the cake. Including all those who read my words. It's wild to me that people enjoy what I have written. Beyond dreams really. And very much appreciated.

To anyone who is working on your dream, thinking about your dream, fighting with your dream, etc.- don’t give up, don’t listen to negativity, don’t ever quit fighting. The words you have to share are important. The story you have to tell is needed. The art you are creating is necessary.

Quoting George Bernard Shaw, "Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable." This world would be rather drab without art. And yours will add to the color, the beauty, and the humanity. Keep going.

1 comment:

  1. "The art you create is necessary." So true, my friend. You keep going, too!

    ReplyDelete