Saturday, August 5, 2023



For me, writing is an outlet. A safe space to be free, to dream. It is as essential to me as breathing. Without writing, a large part of myself would simply cease to exist. 

The character of C.S. Lewis in the play Shadowlands by William Nicholson states, "We read to know we're not alone." There is a sense of belonging with the written word. One can sit reading a book, whether devouring it full speed ahead or taking time with each line/page, etc. it doesn't take much to find one's self. 

It is the same with writing. I get a feeling of community an awareness of not only myself but of others as well as the colors of this journey called Life. Maybe we are all searching for meaning and belonging, and with the written word perhaps we can find both.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment