Friday, August 11, 2023

 


I sat with words these past few days. Some stayed. Not all are for me to keep. 

They don't all come the same way or pace. There are times their arrival is fast and demanding, looking for an immediate home, while others show up one word or snippet at a time. I mull, I chew, I ponder, and... I wait. 

I am patiently impatient when it comes to words finding place. I don't seek perfection in the writing, I don't believe in perfection(a topic for another day perhaps). This doesn't mean I am not hard on myself or demand the words to feel right to me. It means once they find their place and the feeling of them being "right" arrives, the task of how to set them free lays heavy on my mind. 

Sharing the words I write has never been a natural thing for me. I have my doubts and fears of not being accepted, heard or even rejected. I have mentioned community and belonging when it comes to words, and let's not forget the persistence of the words need to be free and felt by others. Sharing still isn't natural to me, but in the sharing of what I have been able to write, I've discovered community and found acceptance. My hope is the words find landing places with(and in) others.

Our morrow does indeed come quick, how will you choose to share your words?



No comments:

Post a Comment